We went to visit Lauren, Don & Baby Anabelle in the hospital yesterday. She was born at Baylor (same as Frank), but they have built a whole new maternity wing that is super nice! It looks more like a Hilton than a hospital. And Heath and I were just a little bit jealous. Guess we should have another baby. Whoa, Gammie — not quite yet!
Anyhoo, I wanted to post our pics here mostly for Lauren to see. She is (the last person on Earth) not on Facebook. For no apparent reason, I neglected to take a picture of Lauren. She’s the one who did all the work! Alas, I am a pretty terrible photographer anyway, especially with the fancy camera.
Sweet Baby and Proud Dad!
Frank with ants in his pants
This is after every female in the room yelled "No!" when Frank tried to give Anabelle a love pat.
Yeah, I really have no excuse for not posting in three weeks…except that I broke our camera (sand contamination), so I haven’t taken any pictures lately. I had really forgotten that we have another camera (the “nice” camera) until this morning. That said, today was our last swim lesson, and Heath was able to attend (direct from a root canal), so we have some new pictures to post. You’ll recall from a prior post that Frank began swim lessons in April to prepare for our beach trip to Gulf Shores. That session was actually canceled mid-way through (fairly certain our instructor had swine flu, although the Y will neither confirm nor deny), so we were able to participate in the first summer session as well. It is amazing how different Frank was in the water at 8.5 months (in April) and at 10.5 months (in June). He is now able to follow some commands (blow bubbles, kick your feet, swim to the ball), plus he has mastered the art of clapping and claps through all the songs. At the end of the lesson today, our teacher presented him with a Certificate! Straight into the baby book it went!
Other things that are going on in our world include:
- We lost power for four days last week in a random storm. Had to cancel Heath’s birthday party and throw out the entire contents of our fridge and two freezers. Thank goodness for Heath’s parents, who took us in.
- Heath’s birthday was Tuesday, and Frank picked out some cute shirts, socks, and belts for him. He’s a good shopper! Heath and I ate our weight in cake (as the party was canceled, but I forgot to cancel the cake to feed 19). Oops.
- Frank and I visited Thomas earlier this week. He is doing so much better! He’s still in a rehab hospital, but he is pretty much back to his old self. Thanks to all who said a prayer on his behalf.
- One of my good buddies, Lauren, with whom I attended jr high, high school, and college, had her first baby last night! Baby Anabelle Elise! Frank and I are going to visit her in just a few minutes!
- We are off on our second of two beach vacations this summer at the end of next week. This is the annual Vaught/Bujarski Traveling Circus trip to Florida. We were unable to attend last year because of my uber-pregnant condition. We have been going on this trip together (with only a few exceptions) since 1987! Seriously! This year, there will be mostly Vaughts in attendance, as none of the Bujarski kids can make it. =( Frank will miss hanging out with the lovely Bleil ladies, as they will be en route to their new home outside Washington, DC! Oh well, now we have an excuse to visit our nation’s capital more frequently!
And now for some pictures!
Intro to summer: first red wagon ride!
Knowing exactly where the camera is at all times.
Showing off his expert form.
Jumping in at the conclusion of the "Speckled Frog" song.